Raw Data Enrichment
- What is raw data enrichment?
- Raw Data benefits
- Raw Data enrichment services
- Data Enrichment case study: How we enriched 500k profiles
- Data enrichment process in online marketing - conclusion
Raw Data Enrichment is a process of merging selected information from your company with data from external sources. Transferred raw data from data provider is being processed and therefore, enriched data becomes complete, consistent, accurate and current. It’s all coming to improved data that can be integrated with compatible systems and used further for marketing, analytical or operational purposes.
What is raw data enrichment
What is raw data that is used in the data enrichment process? Technically speaking, it is a set of information that was delivered from a certain data entity to the data provider and hasn’t been processed yet by machine or human. This information is gathered out of online sources to deliver deep insight into users’ online behavior. Thanks to this information marketers can easily build users’ segments, create personalized online campaigns and reach target users with an accurate message at the right time. Check how the stream of raw data works.
Raw Data benefits
Worth to admit that raw data - to become truly useful - should be processed by a dedicated analytical algorithm. Usually, raw data is a bunch of code. When this data is integrated with appropriate user profiles, it is really helpful for marketers or business analysts. The integration is possible within the data provider, e.g, by using Data Management Platform (DMP). Check our blog post about what is raw data for more information on what types of information about an online activity it includes.
DMP uses AI algorithms to match raw data with user segments that marketers had created on the platform. Thanks to additional information about users, marketers know what their visitors had been doing before they visited their website. It is advised to have data scientists among your company staff to be able to fully receive the benefits that raw data gives.
Find out how to use a DMP with Data Stream
Raw Data enrichment services
Raw data is a source of information for data enrichment process - in OnAudience we call it Data Stream service. This service was deployed to deliver data as a result of cross-functional cooperation of integrated marketing systems, such as Demand Side Platform (DSP), Supply Side Platform (SSP) and data provider (DMP). Check our blog post to learn more about Data Stream and how to use it to improve online marketing.
Data Stream is a feed of information, which can be provided via DMP platform. This data is used as valuable source material for building your own audience segments, preparing Big Data analysis to improve your marketing or to make a research before a new product release.
How to use Data Stream in practice? There are loads of possibilities to use raw data in digital environment. Data scientist can modify digital information to run personalized campaigns, optimize media spending or build and upgrade big data tools. Data Stream is an elastic data service so you can adjust its structure according to your business needs.
Data Stream is dedicated to companies of all sizes that have analytical experiences and need raw data to improve their digital marketing. You can implement the service in three simple steps:
1. Pixel implementation - a step of implementation of an individual pixel on your website. It enables to match your visitors’ profiles with OnAudience.com database
2. Analyzing users’ profiles - whenever a user from our database visits your website, we check what we know about his or her online behavior.
3. Sending daily data feed - we send raw data once a day directly to your server.
Data Stream can be used to observe users’ behavior and compare their characteristics, know their interests and intentions, to maximize the chance of conversion. You can use Data Stream for:
- targeting in programmatic advertising market,
- building your own data tools,
- preparing Big Data analysis to improve your product
- to make a research before a new product release.
To learn more about data stream check 5 ways how your marketing can benefit from using raw data.
Data Enrichment case study: How we enriched 500k profiles
All the technical details mentioned above might sound complicated but in practice using a Data Stream is simple and easy. Also, OnAudience.com support team is always happy to help and answer all the questions. For a better depiction of how Data Stream works, we will present an example of use by the client from the financial area.
Our client - one of the leading bank on Polish market - was looking for additional data about users gathered in CRM database for both marketing and operational purposes. OnAudience.com, through Data Management Platform, was able to provide raw data that included the online behavior of current Bank clients. Data consulting and analysis was held by 3rd party - one of The Big Four.
Among the Bank goals were pointed 4 followings:
- Enriching CRM by ingesting behavioral data about clients
- Boosting sales - cross-selling / up-selling
- Building a better customer journey through personalized messaging
- Developing Risk Analysing tools through additional pool of data
To meet the bank needs, we used Data Stream and the execution included 5 steps:
1. We made an anonymous, secure cookie-matching implementation outside the transactional system.
2. We developed a secure data exchange stream between OnAudience.com DMP and the Bank.
3. We executed Data Transfer with all processes being verified.
4. We performed a mapping process of Anonymous Data with corresponding Bank user IDs.
5. We implemented data in sales process (flagging users for Call Center and personalized contact), performed marketing analysis and credit risk tools.
As a result, OnAudience.com enriched the bank’s CRM by providing a behavioral profile of almost 500 000 Bank clients.
The Bank was able to analyze its clients, design personalized marketing scenarios (inc. call center personalized contact), design a better customer journey to increase engagement, discover what kind of customers they have, and perform deeper risk analysis.
Data enrichment process in online marketing - conclusion
To sum up, for whom Data Stream is dedicated? Companies of all sizes which have data scientists team in their disposal can gain from raw data the most. Depending on the company’s industry, raw data can be processed according to business needs.
Data Stream allows raising the efficiency of marketing actions, e.g. to save up to 30% of the budget with successful remarketing. Data Stream enables the data science team to build their own data tools, including personalized experience and messaging, recommendation systems or machine learning algorithms.